The Bumworks Cloth Diaper Toilet Sprayer is a solid choice for those looking for a toilet-attaching cloth diaper sprayer, but it’s not the best option on the market.
In this review, I’ll tell you what to expect, what changed recently to move Bumworks down my list of recommended cloth diaper sprayers, and link to some other options.
I first reviewed this sprayer in 2018, back when it was a solid option on the market, and gave it four stars.
This however is no longer the case and I’ve both dropped it down to three out of five stars and removed it from my recommended list of diaper sprayers — you can check out my top three recommended cloth diaper sprayers for 2022 here.
So what changed? Well, the BumWorks diaper sprayer is made by Kaydee Baby. I wish I knew more about Kaydee’s backstory but what I do know is that they were once a very active company in the cloth community and were starting to become a recognized brand.
Then, about two or three years ago they seemed to have changed ownership, being sold to what looks to be an Amazon-only retailer (their website is now offline) who sells a bunch of random baby stuff. They are also nowhere to be found in the community any longer.
While I don’t have any reason to believe the sprayer itself is manufactured anywhere else and therefore should still be of good quality, the service is definitely no longer there and so it’s not in my top three any longer, though I would still buy one on a Prime Day sale or something.
- All metal construction, except for sprayer mount
- Easy to install, if you know what you’re doing
- Well priced
- Available on Amazon
- 2022 Update: The manufacturer, Kaydee Baby, has changed owners and now seems to be just an Amazon seller of random items. Their website has also been taken down and the new owner has not responded to my queries after many many months. I would no longer trust them to provide any customer service.
- The t-valve (piece that connects the sprayer to the water line, and acts as an on/off switch) is finicky and it can be difficult to get good water pressure
- The hanger for the sprayer is a bit small/poorly designed, so the sprayer can fall off on some toilets
- Instillation instructions not as clear as they could be
- Will not work with the Diaper Dawgs spray collar
How to Install the Bumworks Sprayer
For some reason, this cloth diaper sprayer is listed on a lot of spammy-looking sites offering reviews that have plainly wrong information, but I spent some time and combed the internet to find the few real reviews that exist. Note though that these are several years old now.
Here they are:
“The Bumworks Cloth Diaper Sprayer is my favorite by far…. It has a powerful spray that really breaks up any kind of left-over “stuff” hanging around on the cloth diaper.“
“The reason I picked this one is because the [spray head] is made of metal. It’s made of brass, and a lot of the other mainstream diaper sprayers, the handle is made of supposedly really durable plastic, but I know that plastic doesn’t really last very long. “
Looking for a Cloth Diaper Sprayer?
If you’re looking for a cloth diaper sprayer to help you clean up the poop, I strongly recommend you check out my cloth diaper sprayer buying guide here. In it, I also point you to the best three sprayers on the market in 2022 in my opinion.