These roomy diaper bags will leave your hands free while you and baby are out and about enjoying the day.
When you’re on the go with baby, your hands are going to be full. Diaper backpacks are the perfect solution because they can hold your things while you occupy baby, push the stroller, put on your face mask and use the hand sanitizer, check out that cool thing on sale, and so on, and so on. Backpack-style bags also distribute the weight of all that baby stuff across both shoulders so you don’t end up walking with a limp by the end of your outing.
But just like traditional diaper bags, it can be difficult to find a backpack diaper bag that can comfortably fit all those fluffy cloth diapers — which are much bigger than disposables and must be put in a wet bag and brought back home after you change baby.
How to Choose a Backpack Diaper Bag for Cloth Diapers
So what is the what is the best diaper bag backpack? Here are a few things cloth diaper parents should consider when shopping for a backpack diaper bag:
- Size. How big is the bag? Will it hold everything you need? Diapers, wipes, bottles, extra clothes, and so on?
- Comfort. Are the straps padded, and do they look comfortable? Would it work for your partner or any other caregivers as well?
- Style. Does it fit your style, and will it work for you on most days? Will your partner or other caregivers be using it as well, and if so, will they be ok with it?
- Features. What extra features do you think you’ll need for your unique lifestyle? Things like:
- Stroller straps: to allow you to attach the bag to your stroller
- Insulated pockets: allow you to keep your baby’s bottles at a certain temperature.
- Easily accessible pockets: allow you to reach important things quickly, like car keys, your phone, or that favorite lovey.
- Change pad: does it come with a matching travel change pad to make on-the-go diaper changes easier.
Here are my favorite backpack diaper bag picks that are big enough for those cloth diapers, while still offering you all the style and functionality you need. I’ve broken them down by priority to help you decide.
Best Overall Cloth Diaper Bag: Convertable (Backpack or Tote)
Best Budget Cloth Diaper Bag: Convertable (Backpack or Tote)
If you can't decide between a backpack or tote-style diaper bag, and are on a tight budget and can't afford both, this is the diaper bag you've been searching for.
Large enough for your cloth diapers and all the rest, this bag has it all for an incredible price!
Here are some of the features:
- One main department with four sleeves (One padded for laptop and iPad, up to 14"; two small side sleeves, and one front sleeve)
- One front department with 3 insulated bottle holders
- Two side pockets(1 with open for wet wipes quick reach)
- Two pockets on the front cover
- Two invisible stroller bets
- Two invisible backpack straps
- A detachable shoulder belt with shoulder pad
- A top handle for quick grabbing
Dimensions: 16.5 x 13.4 x 2.7 inches
Best Cloth Diaper Backpack for Tight Budgets
This ROOMY gender-neutral and stylish diaper bag takes the cake when it comes to function, comfort, and space.
Not only does this diaper bag backpack look good on any parent, and the padded straps, lightweight, and smart design mean that parents of all sizes can comfortably carry it all day too.
If you have two in cloth and you're looking for a roomy diaper backpack, this is the one for you.
Here are some of it's other features:
Dimensions: 17.32 x 7.87 x 12.99 inches
Best Cloth Diaper Backpack for The Type-A Parent
If you're looking for a lightweight backpack diaper bag with lots of compartments to make a place for everything and keep everything in its place, this is the one for you.
- Rose gold zippers on black nylon
- Four insulated bottle pockets
- A separate wipes pocket that's easy to access
- Two packing cubes to organize clothing and diapers
- A wet/dry bag to store cloth diapers or dirty and clean clothes
- A large changing pad included
Dimensions: 16.5 x 12 x 4.5 inches
Best Cloth Diaper Backpack for Stylish Family
Best Cloth Diaper Backpack for Dad
If Dad wants his own diaper backpack, he'll love this one! Not only does it look like a tactical bag, but it's designed for comfort with contoured and padded shoulder straps and even a removable waist strap. It’s also rugged and built to last.
Here are some of the features:
- Built-in removable changing mat, "dump pouch, and wipe pouch
- Spacious main compartment with heavy-duty webbing for MOLLE accessories
- Includes built-in removable changing mat
- Body contoured shoulder straps & removable waist strap
- Closed-cell foam padding for structure and comfort
- Two exterior side bottle pockets
- Three-tiered interior organizing pockets
- Full-open zipper front
- Easy grab handle for top or side carry
Dimensions: 20" H x 11" W x 8" D